Tuesday, July 11, 2017

a coffee date [three]

Happy Tuesday to you! Today I thought it would be fun to pretend we're having a coffee or some tea together. If we were, here's what I'd share with you . . .

What I'm reading
 Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop of Deams" by Jeny Colgan and "Bringing up Boys" by Dr. James Dobson. Obviously both are very different kinds of reads, but so far both are really good. I've just started the Sweet Shop and it's simple and entertaining, we'll see how the rest of it goes. I've known about this book of Dr. Dobson's since I was in middle school, and even though I have two boys still hadn't read it until recently. Emerson has been challenging me in all of the ways, for what seems forever, so this book seemed like a good one to finally ready. So far, it's really good. If you're not a boy mama, there's one called, "Bringing up Girls" for ya :)

Something I'm contemplating
I shared on Instagram a few weeks ago the troubles with my hair. After it driving me nuts I went to a salon here and had a very experienced lady fix it for me. It's way better, but she did leave length to it, so there's still a hole in my hair. I know, it sounds crazy, and impossible, but it's the truth. At first, I was happy she left it long, but now I'm really thinking about just chopping it so it's the same length, and so that there's not a hole in my hair. It's ridiculous. I can't even leave my hair down it looks that bad. It's way way better than what it was before, but still, it's bad. I've had short hair before and I'm thinking I might need to bite the bullet and get the rest cut. It really just drives me bonkers that I can't leave it down if I want to. Though, now I feel like I have to wait at least a month or two since I just got it trimmed a bit - I mean, I get my hair done twice a year, so to go three times in three months is a lot for me. But - I mean. I just don't know. I had gone in thinking I'd chop it to the short length, but the hair dresser talked me into keeping it longer and just doctoring it up. I'm just not crazy about it. So there's that. 

this is still basically what it looks like ... 

to one of my shorter days - but it's all the same length! 
also, look at that cute little baby face Oliver! 

Good. Gracious. 

Drinking
Green tea with coconut. And oh my goodness. I'm not usually a huge fan of green tea, but this one is so good! I saw it at Target the other week and on a whim thought I'd give it a try. It's so good, I'm glad I got it.  
  
What I'm wearing
All of the skirts all of the time. I have decided this summer that I absolutely hate wearing shorts - so I won't wear them any more. I mean, why wear something you hate and feel ugh in? I want to feel good in what I'm wearing, cause don't you just feel so much better when you like what you're wearing? I think so. So it's bye-bye to shorts for me [unless I'm painting or something random like that]. Anyways, it's been glorious and freeing since I've made this decision. It's also made me realize that no shops really sell the type of skirt I like the best, so I'm going to start making my skirts. I've found the perfect pattern and know where the fabric I need is - I just have to go buy it. I can't wait to get it so I can get started! 

Something I'm wanting
A nice little backpack to replace the bag[s] I've been using. With two boys, I need both hands, and since Oliver is out of the baby phase I don't feel like lugging the big ol' diaper bag around any more. But I still really like the whole backpack concept. I feel like this one would hold all of the snacks, a diaper clutch, and my little things quite well and is still cute. I just saw that it's a Prime Deal today - my birthday is next week - would it be bad if I bought this for myself today?! 




SaveSave

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Buy the bag!!!

And if it were me, I'd go back shorter. I love how you have it in that older photo!